Advertisement No.: 16J
Exam Date: 19-06-2016
Date of Start for Online Submission: 05-02-2016
Date of Close of Online Submission: 11-03-2016
Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms: 18-03-2016
Last Date of Receipt of Duly Completed Hard Copy of Online Application Forms (From Remote Areas): 23-03-2016
Age will be calculated as on: 01-01-2016
CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by CSIR in the following areas: –
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLYING ONLINE
The candidate interested in applying On-Line for Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF & LS(NET), June, 2016 are advised to note the following and then Click on the Apply-Online button given at the bottom:
1. Please go through the Detailed Notification at our website: www.csirhrdg.res.in . The candidate must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for this test before applying for this test.
2. Download the Challan Proforma and deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches spread all over India.
3. Before applying On-Line, keep the following information /codes ready with yourself like; Subject name, Exam Centre, Date of Birth, Marks obtained (in relevant subject of M.Sc./Equivalent Exam based on notified Educational Eligibility Criteria), Challan details(Bank name, Branch/city name, Branch code, Journal No. challan date etc.). See para 5.2 of Main notification.
4. Apply Online using the “Apply-Online button” given at the bottom. Candidates should preview their entire application form before final submission. No change in the application form will be possible after final submission of online application.
5. After successfully submitting the application online, candidates will be assigned system generated Application Number. The candidates are required to take print out of the Application Form (on A4 size paper), paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required places, attach requisite certificate(s) and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in his/her own envelop(5”X11”) to Deputy Secretary(Exams), Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex,opposite Institute of Hotel Management, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach on or before 18-03-2016 (23-03-2016 for remote areas). Envelope to be used for sending the completely filled in hard copy of online application form must be superscribed at the top as “Application for Joint CSIR-UGC Test for JRF & LS(NET), June, 2016” and, Subject Code, Online Generated Application Number, Centre code & Medium of Exam Code (1 for Hindi or 2 for English) must also be mentioned at the envelope.
Failing to comply with this procedure may lead to summary rejection of application/candidature.
6. The eligible candidates, in their own interest, are advised to keep photocopy of sides of the completed Applic ation Form (hard copy), Online Generated Application Number, Certificate of Postage, Challan copy( as a proof of fee deposit) and three identical copies of the passport size photographs which has been affixed on the Applicant ion Form.
(i) Candidates should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. No candidate will be admitted to the Test unless he/she holds the valid e-admission certificate to the Test. The mere fact that Online application has been submitted/e-admission certificate has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the Council has finally accepted his/her candidature.
(ii) Only online application followed by hard copy (along with requisite enclosures) will be considered, as per terms and conditions including eligibility criteria, as notified in the Notification. Any Online Application, whose completely filled in hard copy is not received in Examination Unit within time frame, will not be entertained.
(iii) Mode of payment of fee is Bank challan from Indian Bank only or from any other bank through NEFT. Payment of examination fee through NEFT should be made only from bank branch and not through Internet banking. Fee submitted through any other mode viz.IPO, /demand draft/money order/ CRF stamp etc will not be accepted. Fee once paid will neither be adjusted for any subsequent examination nor refunded under any circumstances.
(iv) Incomplete application / application submitted in any other format or application (hard copy) received after the last date will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Hence, the candidates are advised in their own interest to apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination Unit on or before the closing date.
(v) In case, any eligible candidate has applied online and sent the completed hard copy within last date but do not found his/her name registered in list (to be published around 09-05-2016 on CSIR, HRDG website), he/she will be required to send photocopy of (i) completely filled in Online application form (ii) U.P.C.(or proof of despatch /undertaking by the candidate that he/she has submitted the application form within the stipulated closing date)within the stipulated time frame, failing which no request will be entertained in any circumstances.
(vi) No correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which last date has been expired.
SYLLABUS OF THE TEST
The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A,B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
Part ‘A’ shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
Part ‘B’ shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus
Part ‘C’ shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem
# A negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per scheme of Exam.
Syllabus & Scheme of Exam of single Paper is given in the Information Bulletin for this test at Annexure „A‟ and may also be seen at CSIR website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
For more details kindly visit www.csirhrdg.res.in