- Deemed universities declared by UGC under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, are not permitted to
(a) Offer programmes in higher education and issue degrees.
(b) Give affiliation to any institute of higher education.
(c) Open off-campus and off-shore campus any-where in the country and overseas respectively without the permission of the UGC.
(d) Offer distance education programmes without the approval of the Distance Education Council.
- The University which telecasts interaction educa-tional programmes through its own channel is
(a) Osmania University
(b) University of Pune
(c) Annamalai University
(d) Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Who has signed an MOU for Accreditation of Teacher Education Institutions in India?
(a) NAAC and UGC
(b) NCTE and NAAC
(c) UGC and NCTE
(d) NCTE and IGNOU
- The recommendation of National Knowledge Commission for the establishment of 1500 univer-sities is to
(a) Create more teaching jobs
(b) Ensure increase in student enrolment in higher education
(c) Replace or substitute the privately managed higher education institutions by public institutions
(d) Enable increased movement of students from rural areas to urban areas
- The enrolment in higher education in India is con-tributed both by Formal System of Education and by System of Distance Education. Distance educa-tion contributes
(a) 50 % of formal system
(b) 25 % of formal system
(c) 10% of the formal system
(d) Distance education system’s contribution is not taken into account while considering the figures of enrolment in higher education
- Assertion (A): The U.G.C. Academic Staff Colleges came into existence to improve the qual¬ity of teachers.
Reason (R): University and college teachers have to undergo both orientation and refresher courses.
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation.
(b) Both (A) and (R) are correct but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(c) (A) is correct and (R) is false.
(d) (A) is false and (R) is correct.
- The Kothari Commission’s report was entitled on:
(a) Education and National Development
(b) Teaming to be adventure
(c) Diversification of Education
(d) Education and socialization in democracy
- Which of the following is not a dual-mode univer-sity?
(a) Delhi University
(b) Bangalore University
(c) Madras University
(d) Indira Gandhi National Open University
- According to Radhakrishnan Commission, the aim of higher education is:
(a) To develop the democratic values, peace and harmony
(b) To develop great personalities who can give their contributions in politics, administration, industry and commerce
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of these
- The National Museum at New Delhi is attached to:
(a) Delhi University
(b) A Deemed University
(c) A Subordinate Office of the JNU
(d) Part of Ministry of Tourism and Culture