261. A researcher attempts to evaluate the effect of method of feeding on anxiety-proneness of chil¬dren. Which method of research would be appropriate for this?
a. Case study method
b. Experimental method
c. Ex-post facto method
d. Survey method
262. In which of the following, reporting format is formally prescribed?
a. Doctoral level thesis
b. Conference of researchers
c. Workshops and seminars
263. The issue of ‘research ethics’ may be considered pertinent at which stage of research?
a. At the stage of problem formulation and its definition
b. At the stage of defining the population of research
c. At the stage of data collection and interpretation
d. At the stage of reporting the findings
264. Which sequence of research steps is logical in the list given below?
a. Problem formulation, analysis, development of research design, hypothesis making, collection of data, arriving at generalizations and conclusions
b. Development of research design, hypothesis making, problem formulation, data analysis, arriving at conclusions and data collection
c. Problem formulation, hypothesis making, development of a research design, collection of data, data analysis and formulation of generalizations and conclusions
d. Problem formulation, deciding about the sample and data collection tools, formulation of hypothesis, collection and interpretation of research evidence
265. In doing action research what is the usual sequence of steps?
a. Reflect, observe, plan, act
b. Plan, act, observe, reflect
c. Plan, reflect, observe, act
d. Act, observe, plan, reflect
266. The principal of a school conducts an interview session of teachers and students with a view to explore the possibility of their enhanced participation in school programmes. This endeavour may be related to which type of research?
a. Evaluation research
b. Fundamental research
c. Action research
d. Applied research
267. For advancing knowledge, the latest strategy used by mankind is
a. Consulting an authority
b. Deductive reasoning
c. Scientific thinking
d. Inductive reasoning
268. Research ethics has a direct connection more often with which stages of research?
a. Defining and delimiting the scope of research
b. Problem formulation and reporting of research findings
c. Defining the population and deciding the sampling technique for research
d. Deciding about statistical techniques and data analysis
269. A detailed description of methodology of research is required in
c. Seminar paper/articles
d. Conference and seminar papers
270. Which of the following is not the critical feature of qualitative research?
a. Actual settings are the direct source of data.
b. Data takes the form of words or pictures.
c. Seeking to establish relationships among measured social facts.
d. Researcher becomes immersed in the situation, present or past, related to the phenomena.
271. In a Ph.D. thesis which one is the correct sequence for showing the scheme of chapterization?
a. Survey of related studies, introduction, design of the study, data analysis and interpretation, conclusions and generalizations, suggested further study, references, appendix.
b. Introduction, design of study, data analysis and interpretation, generalizations, conclusions and survey of related studies and suggestions for further research, references and appendix.
c. Introduction, survey of related studies, design of study, data presentation; analysis & interpretation, formulation of generalization & conclusions, suggestions for further research, references & appendix.
d. Survey of related studies, references, introduction, design of study, data analysis and interpretation, conclusions and generalizations, suggestions for further research, appendix.
272. The format of thesis writing is the same as in
a. Preparation of a research paper/article
b. Writing of seminar presentation
c. Research dissertation
d. Presenting a workshop/conference paper
273. Which of the following is an initial mandatory requirement for pursuing research?
a. Developing a research design
b. Formulating a research question
c. Deciding the data analysis procedure
d. Formulating a research hypothesis
274. A research intends to explore the effect of possible factors for the organization of effective mid-day meal interventions. Which research method will be most appropriate for this study?
a. Historical method
b. Descriptive survey method
c. Experimental method
d. Ex-post facto method
275. Ina research on the effect of child-rearing practices on stress-proneness of children in competing school projects, the hypothesis formulated is that ‘child rearing practices do influence stress-proneness’. At the data analysis stage a null hypothesis is advanced to find out the tenability of research hypothesis. On the basis of the evidence avail-able, the null hypothesis is rejected at 0.01 level of significance. What decision may be warranted in respect of the research hypothesis?
a. The research hypothesis will also be rejected.
b. The research hypothesis will be accepted.
c. Both the research hypothesis and the null hypothesis will be rejected.
d. No decision can be taken in respect of the research hypothesis.
276. From the following list of statements identify the set which has negative implications for ‘research ethics’:
(i) A researcher critically looks at the findings of another research.
(ii) Related studies are cited without proper ref¬erences.
(iii) Research findings are made the basis for policy making.
(iv) Conduct of practitioner is screened in terms of reported research evidences.
(v) A research study is replicated with a view to verify the evidences from other researches.
(vi) Both policy making and policy implementing processes are regulated in terms of prelimi¬nary studies.
a. (i), (ii), and (iii)
b. (ii), (iii), and (iv)
c. (ii), (iv), and (vi)
d. (i), (iii), and (v)
277. In qualitative research paradigm, which of the fol¬lowing features may be considered critical?
a. Data collection with standardized research tools.
b. Sampling design with probability sample techniques.
c. Data collection with bottom-up empirical evidences.
d. Data gathering to take with top-down systematic evidences.
278. Ethical norms in research do not involve guidelines for:
a. Thesis format
c. Patenting policy
d. Data sharing policies
279. A researcher is interested in studying the prospects of a particular political party in an urban area. What tool should he prefer for the study?
a. Rating scale
280. Which of the following are the characteristics of a seminar?
(i) It is a form of academic instruction.
(ii) It involves questioning, discussion, and debates.
(iii) It involves large groups of individuals.
(iv) It needs involvement of skilled persons.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
a. (ii) and (iii)
c. (ii), (iii), and(iv)
d. (i), (ii), and (iv)