Entrepreneurship Development Program
As the term itself denotes, EDP is a programme meant to develop entrepreneurial abilities among the people. In other words, it refers to inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills into a person needed to establish and successfully run his / her enterprise. Thus, the concept of entrepreneurship development programme involves equipping a person with the required skills and knowledge needed for starting and running the enterprise.
The entrepreneurship development programme is designed to promote small enterprise by tapping the latent talents of potential entrepreneurs through training. The Entrepreneurship development Institute of India(EDII) and National Institute of Entrepreneurship and small Business Development(NIESBD) play an important role in training the prospective entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship development programme emphasizes more on operational aspects than academic training to meet the specific need of participants.The EDP trains the participants to set up an enterprise and tailors its techniques and strategies depending on the environment in which he operates the business.
Objectives of Entrepreneurship Development Programmes
- Understand the need of entrepreneurial discipline.
- To let the entrepreneur set or reset the objectives of his business and work individually and along with his group.
- Analyze the environment set up relating to small industry and business.
- Develop passion for integrity and honesty.
- Develop and strengthen the entrepreneurial quality, i.e. motivation or need for achievement.
- Understand procedure of small scale industries.
- Develop wide vision about the business
- Develop passion for integrity and honesty
- To analyze active investment of finance.
- To help in assessing industrial development of rural and less developed areas where local entrepreneurship is not readily available and to which entrepreneurs from nearby cities and town are not easily attached.
- To understand rules,process,procedure and regulations for running the enterprise.
- To enhance managerial capacities of the entrepreneurs.
- To develop feeling of social responsibility on entrepreneurs.
- To develop industries in rural and backward areas.
- To help in balanced regional development.