Skills of Management
Several skills are required to successfully manage a large organization in the changing environment. Some of the required skills are given below.
- They refers to the ability and knowledge in using the equipments, techniques and procedures involved in performing various managerial tasks.
- They require specialized knowledge and proficiency in handling a particular job.
- The manager must know about the kind of skills required to execute a particular job and about the kind of potential needed to acquire it.
- It refer, to the ability to work effectively with other people both as individual and a group.
- It reflected in the way the managers perceive their superiors, subordinates and peers.
- If technical skills involve mastery of ‘things’, then human skills are concerned with understanding of people.
- They refer, to the ability to see the whole organization and the interrelationship between its parts.
- They consider, the ability to viz the entire picture or to consider a situation in is totality.
- They also include the competence to understand a problem and trigger the mind to find out its solution;, which helps in decision making.
- To conclude technical skills deal with jobs, human skills with persons and conceptual skills with idea. It is necessary to have an attractive and comprehensive package of all three for an efficient leader.
- Thus, technical skills deal with jobs, human skills with persons and conceptual skills with ideas.
Although they are interrelated and there is no strict demarcation between them but the proportion or relative significance of there skills vary with the level of management which can be understood from the following figure.
Click on the link below for subject wise notes/study material on MBA/BBA
Search Terms used for this information are:
• Types of Management Skills • Top Management Skills • Skills for a successful manager • What are management skills • Essential skills of managers