Procedure/Steps involved in Work Study
The basic procedure of work study is as follows:
- Select the job or process to be suited.
- Record from direct observation everything that happens in order to obtain data for analysis.
- Examine the recorded facts critically and challenge everything that is done,considering in turn:the purpose of activity,the place where it is
- Performed,the sequence in which the elements are performed,the person who is doing it,the means by which it is done.
- Develop the most economic methods,taking into account all the circumstances.
- Measure the amount of work involved in the method used and calculate a “standard time” for doing it.
- Define the new method and the related time
- Install the new method and time as agreed standard practices.
- Maintain the new standard practice by proper control procedures.
(Visited 18,483 times, 4 visits today)