61. What is Mycorrhizae?
(a) Symbiotic relationship between plants.
(b) Mutualistic association between plant roots and fungi
(c) A useful bacteria in carbon cycle
(d) A useful bacteria in phosphorus cycle
62. Which of the following are major players in phosphorous cycle ?
(a) Human beings and fish
(b) Human beings and marine birds
(c) Fish and marine birds
(d) Animals and fish
63. In an aquatic ecosystem phytoplankton can be considered as a
(c) Saprotrophic organisms
64. The major source of pollution (upto 80% of total air pollution) in metropolitan cities is
(a) automobiles (traffic/transportation)
(b) coal based industries
(d) radioactivity and noise
65. Major air pollutant is
66. Which one of the following is usually not considered a pollutant?
67. Taj Mahal is being damaged by
(a) air pollution from Mathura refinery
(b) Yamuna flood
(c) nuclear pollution and railway yard
(d) (a) and (b) both
68. Particulates in air cause
(a) permanent opening of stomata
(b) closure of stomata
(c) coiling of leaves
(d) yellowing of leaves
69. What is it that smoking produces in the largest amount?
70. Coal burning hearths or stoves produce a hazardous gas which suffocates living beings even to death
71. The SO2 mainly affects
(b) cell membranes
(c) cell wall
72. A mutagenic pollutant is :
(a) chlorinated hydrocarbons
(c) nitrogen oxides
73. Which will not cause air pollution?
74. The example of natural pollution is :
75. It is advised not to have brick kiln near fruit orchard to
(a) save trees from soil erosion
(b) safeguard trees from large labour population
(c) protect the orchard from operation of Trucks and Carts used for transporting fruits
(d) save trees from poisonous fumes of smoke from brick kiln chimneys
76. The congress grass/carrot grass that causes allergy arrived in India in 1956. It is
(a) Parthenium hysterophorous
(b) Eichhornia crassipes
(c) Opuntia dilleni
(d) Sorghum halepens
77. Which pollutant gas is released by cud-chewing cattle/ruminants ?
78. The term ecology was introduced by
(d) Ramdeo Mishra
79. The environment which has been modified by human activities is called :
(a) Natural environment
(b) Anthropogenic environment
(c) Urban environment
(d) Modern environment
80. The short term properties of the atmosphere at a given place and time is referred as :