21. The country which hosted first World Earth Summit (June 1992) on conservation of environment was
22. Ecological backlash (ecological boomerang) is
(a) Production of adverse ecological effect by a previously useful chemical.
(b) Production of useful ecological effect by a previously useful chemical
(c) None of these
(d) Heat emission due to bomb explosion.
23. When was the Air prevention and control of pollution act enforced in India?
24.The segment/segments of the environment, responsible for conservation of radiant energy to chemical energy (carbohydrate) through photosynthesis is/are
(c) Atmosphere and lithosphere
25. The largest sink (Pollutant receptor) of the planet is
26. Which of the following components of the earth has least pollutant receptor capability?
27. Biosphere is
(a) Envelope of gases surrounding the earth.
(b) The outmost layer of earth’s crust.
(c) The thin layer of organic matter containing all living things on the surface of the earth.
(d) None of the above
28. The Earth Summit at Rio de Janeiro was held with the aim of integrating environmental imperatives with development aspirations in
(a) June 1972
(b) December 1972
(c) December 1993
(d) June 1993
29. When did the water (Prevention and control of pollution) Act came into operation in India?
30. Ganga Action Plan to restore the quality of the river Ganga was launched in:
31. When was NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act) enforced in India ?
32. The Global Action Plan adopted at Earth Summit held at Rio de Janeiro in June 1972 is also known as
(a) Agenda 20
(b) Agenda 22
(c) Agenda 23
(d) Agenda 21
33. The newspaper contains one of the following toxic materials :
34. The first indoor pollutant from furniture of which the masses became aware?
35. Environmental degradation is due to :
(a) Rapid industrialization
(b) Onset of different developmental works
(c) Fast urbanization leading to deforestation
(d) All of the above
36. Which of the following is not a zone of the biosphere?
(a) Core zone
(b) Buffer zone
(c) Transition zone
(d) None of these above
37. Ceramic crockery of substandard quality could become a source of pollutant if food taken in it. This pollutant is
38. Sometimes secondary pollutants like ozone, PAN (Peroxy acyl nitrate), HNO3 , H2S04 formed from primary pollutants are more toxic than primary pollutants. This phenomenon is called:
(d) Green house effect
39. Which one is not produced as exhaust of vehicle?
40. In air pollution, industries are:
(a) Line sources
(b) Point souress
(c) Area sources
(d) Diffuse sources