161. The largest sink (pollutant receptor) of the planet is
162. Which of the following components of the earth has least pollutant-receptor capability?
163. _________ is the crushing and grinding of municipal solid waste.
(a) Land fills
164. In which method of composting, decomposition of anaerobic waste takes place?
(a) Indian method
(b) Depression method
(c) Bangalore method
(d) Trench method
165. Which of the following is a biological method of disposal of municipal solid waste?
(a) Land fills
166. What is the name of the world’s first Greenhouse Gases Observing Satellite(GOSat) launched by Japan in 2009?
167. Cement factory laborers are prone to :
(b) Bone marrow disease
168. Who had coined the term SMOG?
(a) Dr. Henry Antoine
(b) Stephen Hawking
(c) Nicolaus Copernicus
(d) Nikola Tesla
169. The natural place of an organism or community is known as
170. Which is the renewable exhaustible natural energy resource?
171. According to Shelford’s Law of Tolerance, the organisms wide environmental factor tolerance limit show
(a) Narrow distribution with low population size
(b) Wide distribution with high population size
(c) Narrow distribution with high population size
(d) Wide distribution with low population size
172. Plants growing under direct sunlight are known as
173. Plants growing under shade are known as
174. An orchid living on a tree exhibit
175. Which statement is correct with respect to the food chain?
(a) Every component of food chain forms trophic level
(b) Inter-relation between different food chains is known as a food web
(c) All the chains formed by nutritional relations is used to understand energy flow.
(d) All of the above
176. The process of vernalization is practised in
(a) Cold countries
(b) Hot countries
(c) Only in sub-tropical countries
(d) Only in tropical countries
177. Which of the following requires maximum energy?
(a) Secondary consumer
(c) Primary consumer
(d) Primary producer
178. The bottom area where production is less than respiration in a pond ecosystem is termed as
(a) Profundal zone
(b) Tidal zone
(c) Benthic zone
(d) Limnetic zone
179. Which is not the characteristic of ‘r’ selected species?
(a) Reproduce quickly
(b) Parental care
(c) A low survival rate of progenies
(d) Produce a large number of progenies
180. Which is not the characteristic of a population?
(d) Sex ratio